Data Protection Policy
WHO WE ARE
J B Fire Systems Ltd supply, install and maintain Fire Alarm Detection and Alarm equipment, Emergency Lighting systems and other associated products. We are based at Produce House, 1a Wickham Court Road, West Wickham, Kent, BR4 9LN.
We take seriously our responsibilities to protect your privacy and to ensure that your data is managed securely.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, as we explain what data we collect about you, how we use your data, the reasons we may have to need to disclose your personal data to others and how we securely store your personal data.
Our contact for all data protection related questions or concerns is our Managing Director - Bryan Burr - who can be reached at Sales@jbfiresystems.co.uk or on 020 8402 1847.
Depending on the circumstances, J B Fire Systems Ltd may be considered either a data controller or a data processor for your personal data.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of personal information:
• your name
• your contact details (e-mail address, phone number)
• your Company name, Trading name and associated company registration details
• contact/delivery and invoicing address
• When you visit our Website, we may collect technical data about the device you are using, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is used for system administration and to improve the look and feel of our digital presence.
We collect and store personal information for purposes connected with our business. As such, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for those purposes.
Upon termination of our relationship or the closure of your account, we may retain your data for up to 7 years. This is because we may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations.
We assure you that your personal data shall only be used for the purposes stated in this policy document.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We use information about you in the following ways:
• to respond to your enquiries;
• to contact you to ask for your views on our products and services;
• to provide tailored communications;
• to keep you informed about the products and services we offer;
• to process your order and to follow up on orders that are not completed;
• to manage your account, including carrying out identity checks where relevant;
• to manage your credit account (if this applies) including carrying out credit checks;
• to carry out market research and analyse statistics;
• to rack activity on our site and to provide a more personalised online experience;
• to tell you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
• to manage deliveries, returns and refunds;
• to manage any issues relating to a fault or damage caused by a product;
• to deal with enquiries and complaints;
• to manage claims and for insurance purposes; and
• to help with general record keeping;
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When you buy a product or service from us, we will process your data for administration, billing, support and the provision of products and services. We may also share your data with our suppliers, couriers and other parties required for us to supply and ship products and service to you.
We will never sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
We do however work closely with a number of third parties (including suppliers, vendors and service providers) and we may receive information from them about you.
We may pass your personal data to third parties for the provision of services on our behalf (for example, processing your payment). However, we will only ever share the information about you that is required to provide the service and we have ensured that we have specific contracts in place, which ensure your personal data is secure and will not be used for marketing purposes or any purpose not related to the purpose of the agreement.
We may rely on legitimate interests to process your personal information, provided that your interests do not override our own. Where we rely on legitimate interests, these interests are:
• to keep our records updated and to study how our Website and other services are used
• to administer and protect our business and web presence (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting)
• to inform our marketing strategies
• to grow our business
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE
We employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to use or disclosure of it. We control who has access to your data (using both physical and electronic means).
Our staff receive data protection training and we have a set of detailed data protection procedures which they are required to follow when handling personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured systems and servers within the EEA. Occasionally, your information may be transferred to and stored in a country outside the EEA in relation to provision of services. Any third party referred to above outside of the EEA has agreed to abide by European levels of data protection in respect of the transfer, processing and storage of any personal data. Any sensitive data (eg. payment details) are encrypted and protected.
UPDATING THIS POLICY
We may update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will post a notification on our Website and we will also revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to check our website for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we hold.